WIRNA is a partnership between the Minerals Council of Australia and its Victorian and Northern Territory branches, the New South Wales Minerals Council, the Queensland Resources Council, the Tasmanian Minerals and Energy Council, the South Australian Chamber of Mines and Energy and the Chamber of Minerals and Energy Western Australia, with support from various Women in Mining Network state branches.
The awards profile women in the resources sector, providing ambassadors and role models as an aid to the attraction and retention of women in the resources sector.
The Australian resources sector has a goal of at least 20 percent women in non-traditional roles by 2020.
Award categories include;
- Exceptional Woman in Australian Resources
- Exceptional Young Woman in Australian Resources
- Outstanding Australian Operator/Technician/Trade Woman
- Gender Diversity Champion (female or male)
- Excellence in Company Programs and Performance
For further details on the 2017 national awards please contact Alison at the Tasmanian Minerals and Energy Council on:
t: 0429 033 8600